Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet
Three-member, five-year old instrumental rock group. Have released four records independently and their goal is to play in every Canadian province and territory!
SHADOWY MEN ON A SHADOWY PLANET
1 section of newspaper (we suggest "careers" but "sports" is a good alternative)
2 cups warm water
1 cup all-purpose flour
chicken wire or cardboard
- Make a structure to apply your papier-mâché to: chicken wire is great for making a shape like a cactus or dinosaur and corrugated cardboard is best for rockets or Shadowy Men heads. Applied to your arm, it makes a great fake cast!
- Mix flour and water together in a large bowl to form a gooey paste. More or less of either ingredient can be added to obtain a workable consistency.
- Shred newspaper into long strips.
- Dip newspaper into flour/water mixture and apply strips to wire or cardboard structure, smoothing as you go. Apply two coats.
- Recipe can be repeated as many times as necessary for the object you are building.
- Let sculpture dry overnight.
- A third coat is recommended for greater sturdiness, but must be applied after the first two coats have dried.
- Now paint it!
NOTE: This is edible, but it tastes worse than creamed corn.